Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

R u happy ?

'What can one do to attain happiness ?'

Itz a really tough call. But, as far as I think the answer of this question shld be 'drop the unhappiness to be happy'. For this we should find out, wat is da reason of our unhappiness.

As myself is concerned, dere is only 1 thing that causes unhappiness. The name of that thing is 'ATTACHMENT'. Attachment is an emotional state of clinging caused by the belief that without some particular person or some particular thing, I can't be happy.

Attachment is composed of two elements. (as far as me is concerned):
(a) The +ve element: The amount of pleasure & exitement, the thrill that I experience when I get what I m attached to.

(b) The -ve element: The sense of threat & tension that always accompanies the attachment.

Now, wat I feel is, the tragedy of an attachment is that if its object is not attained, it causes unhappiness. But, if it is attained, it does not cause happiness - it merely causes a flash of pleasure followed by weariness, and it is alwayz accompanied by the anxiety that you may lose the object of your attachment.

The moment u become conscious of your happiness, u cease to be happy. True happiness is uncaused.

Nw coming to the world of 'attachment'. There is no way to win the battle of 'attachments' except to 'DROP THEM'. And, I really started dropping them.

Note: I knw many of u wl nt like this post nd even the previous post (freedom vs love). But, wat i was thinking from the last one month or so, i wrote. And i m really strictly adhered to my posts. This is, 'wat i am'. I like the tagline of 'Reebok'. I am wat I am. No argues and no questions plz...........

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop in a few words. It brings smile on my face.